Share

Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Update: Tiger Woods Blames DUI On Prescription Meds … Not Booze

Tiger Woods is blaming his holiday weekend DUI on being under the influence of prescribed medications.
Less than 24 hours after being put behind bars inside Palm Beach County Jail, the professional golfer released a statement suggesting that booze was “not involved.”
“I understand the severity of what I did and take full responsibility for my actions,” he said. “I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn’t realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly.”
He continued, “I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends and the fans. I expect more from myself, too. I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again.”
Woods, who has been recovering from a lower back injury and back surgery, was found asleep in his car early Monday morning when approached by officers in South Florida. According to the report, the former athlete “had extremely slow and slurred speech” and when asked to do a field breathalyzer, he refused.
Woods later agreed to a urine and breath test, which he blew a 0.000.
“I fully cooperated with law enforcement, and I would like to personally thank the representatives of the Jupiter Police Department and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office for their professionalism.”
Woods was in custody for a little over three hours before being released.

No comments:

Post a Comment