Share

Search This Blog

Friday 20 October 2017

Michelle Williams Admits To Being “Suicidal” During Destiny’s Child Days

Image result for michelle williams destiny's child


Michelle Williams revealed to the world on Wednesday that she was once suicidal.
During an appearances on CBS’s The Talk, the singer admitted that she considered taking her own life during the height of the group’s success. “I’m in one of the top-selling female groups of all time, suffering with depression,” Williams said. 
According to the pop star, she struggled with depression from age 13, but it wasn’t until her 30’s that she came to terms with it. “I think at the age of 25, had I had a name to what I was feeling at the time, I would have disclosed that ‘I’ve been suffering from depression.'”
She continued, “When I disclosed it to our manager [Beyonce’s dad, Mathew Knowles] at the time, bless his heart, he was like, ‘You all just signed a multimillion-dollar deal. You’re about to go on tour. What do you have to be depressed about?'”
Williams then confessed that the depression, which she first chalked up to being tired, got “to the point where I was suicidal… and wanted out.”
Following the singer’s public confession, she took to Twitter to thank fans and the talk show for their support. “Thank you @TheTalkCBS for being a safe place to talk about #depression #mentalhealthawareness!!” she wrote. “Don’t be afraid to reach out for help!”

No comments:

Post a Comment